In this episode, Joe Moore interviews Marisa Novy, a wonderful psychedelic artist living and working in Breckenridge, Colorado who has been helping Psychedelics Today with some awesome art and more.
3 Key Points:
- Harm reduction was top notch at Shambhala but the festival could have done a bit more.
- Early psychedelic experiences added substantial depth to her yoga practice and art.
- Marisa has helped us at Psychedelics Today a ton and we are very excited to keep working with her.
- Martian Curiosities – Instagram
- Shambhala Festival in BC
- An electronic music festival with different producers coordinating music and art for each stage.
- No alcohol is allowed at the festival.
- Almost promoted as a psychedelic-friendly festival.
- The biggest win for the festival this year – no fentanyl found in any of the drugs tested.
- Marisa’s favorite part about Shambhala is the people/community.
- Shambhala provides harm reduction/drug testing services.
- Drug testing is done by ANKORS.
- ANKORS also provides drug safety information.
- Drug testing helps to clean up the scene because people understand what is found in their substances.
- Drug testing is illegal or not allowed in the United States
- Marisa did some outreach for Psychedelics Today at Shambhala festival to promote drug safety, harm reduction, and our course Navigating Psychedelics
- Marisa’s favorite artists at Shambhala
- Marisa’s introduction to psychedelics
- Cosmic Trigger by Robert Anton Wilson
- What would it look like if festivals provided integration services to help process the overall festival experience?
Check out this FREE online course, “Introduction to Psychedelics”
About Marisa Novy
I am Marisa, a 24 year old explorer of consciousness and purpose of life.
I graduated UW-Milwaukee with a BBA in Marketing and International Business with an emphasis in Entrepreneurship. I grew up making art, and for the most part, I am constantly creating. I have my own small creative business for my artwork at MARtianCuriosities on Etsy, and @martiancuriosities on Instagram for more consulting projects. I became interested in Psychedelics after reading some cosmic literature, delving deeper into my yogic practice, and through my search for meaning and enlightenment. Psychedelics have helped my creativity to blossom and to be my truest self.