Kyle and Joe speak with Djinn Thompson about their podcast Psychedelic Parenting and the future of the Psychedelic Parenting organization. Other topics that were covered include:
- Talking about psychedelics and substances with teenagers and children
- The Aftercare Project and psychedelic integration, and holding space.
- How to pass on the values of the psychedelic experience through spirituality, conscious living, social justice, free expression, and radical honesty.
- Children’s books that describe marijuana.
It’s Just a Plant: http://www.justaplant.com/
Stinky Steve Explains Causal Cannabis: https://www.amazon.com/Stinky-Steve-Explains-Medical-Marijuana/dp/0615867049
- The Religious Freedom Restoration Act and religious sacraments/medicine
- A video of the Ashland, Oregon Santo Daime Church: https://vimeo.com/6821805
- Psychedelic summer camp, rites of passage, breathwork, and cacao ceremonies.
“Psychedelic Summer Camp” presentation:
Djinn has over 20 years’ experience with psychedelic plants and has been trip sitting in a professional capacity for over a decade, having served as a facilitator for legal psilocybin retreats in Jamaica and other venues. Djinn specializes in working with victims of childhood trauma, those with treatment-resistant depression, and issues related to LGBTQ identities. Djinn came out as a nonbinary trans person in 2017. They are currently pursuing a Masters Degree in Social Work. Djinn was previously the host of the Psychedelic Parenting Podcast under their birth name, and has been a speaker on psychedelics and family life at multiple conferences, both in the USA and abroad.
Psychedelic Parenting: http://www.psychedelicparenting.org/
Hope everyone enjoys this episode. We really enjoyed talking to Djinn and feel blessed by their wealth of knowledge and wisdom. Let us know what you think!
- 5 Psychedelic Family Values:
- What EXACTLY Do You Mean by “Psychedelic Parenting”
- How Old is Old Enough?: http://www.
- Motherboard Vice article by Djinn: http://motherboard.vice.com/
- PrimeMind – Psychedelic Parenting: https://primemind.com/